Friday, June 20, 2008

Surprise Week-end


I usually tend to think I'm not easily surprised...but oh my goodness, did my sister pull together a wonderfully executed get-together!! It all began on Friday night when Dee, Chasen, and Gavin arrived in town. (The Peabody's are back in the States from Japan, Yeah! and moving to Virgina/Washington D.C.)I thought I had planned a BBQ with my sister's family and the Peabody's but apparently I was just a decoy in the master plan.
Click read more...

Little did I know, awaiting me at my sister's house was Lauren, Mark, Maile (who I hadn't met yet), Nicole, and Laura...who were there to surprise me. You see, we rarely have the opportunity to get together these days. Everyone is so busy and life pretty much takes over when you calculate in kids, work, etc....Plus, it's really hard to see Dee when she was living half across the world!
So, when I walked in the door at my sister's house and saw Lauren peek around the corner, it took me a good 5 seconds to even register who it was... I thought I was losing it! I was thinking to myself "that girl looks a lot like Lauren...." That's weird, then out toddled Maile and Nicole, etc....and it finally sunk in. Then I was thinking they were here to surprise Dee, but of course Dee was in on it too!

All I can say is..holy cow! That was the best gift ever We totally enjoyed our week-end together just hanging out, eating, and watching the kids play. What more could you ask for!! The girls even took me to Mother's Bistro, on Sunday morning for a wonderful breakfast and baby shower.

No comments: